Parenteral Formulation Development
Parenteral formulations are intended to be administered as an injection or infusion. Parenteral preparations include solutions, suspensions, emulsions, powders, and gels.
IRISYS is proficient in managing the challenges of parenteral formulation development. Parenteral formulations need to be sterile, with no impurities. In addition, parenteral formulations must achieve good compatibility of the drug substances with the excipients and the primary container.
IRISYS can provide formulation development for parenteral dosage forms of your drug.
Formulation of parenteral products
IRISYS develops parenteral formulations with important characteristics:
- Increased circulating half-life, optimized bio-distribution
- Improved safety and efficacy
- Decreased immune recognition
- Targeted delivery
- Discriminative release (location and environment)
- Pharmacodynamically optimized formulations
- Long-acting formulations
- Lyophilized products