We are currently looking for:
Purchasing & Shipping Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Title: Purchasing & Shipping Coordinator
Reporting to: Director of Administration
Location: San Diego, California
Date: September 20, 2018
IRISYS LLC has an open position for a Purchasing & Shipping Coordinator. Candidate should have experience making purchase requests from various departments within the company and get price quotes from suppliers. Responsibilities include contacting suppliers to schedule deliveries or to discuss shortages or missed deliveries. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare purchase orders, review prices and product specifications from various suppliers to determine which would provide the best deal
- Create and maintain purchasing files and price lists, as well as determining if the company has enough inventory on hand
- Track deliveries and make sure company receives exactly what was ordered from suppliers
- Physically check shipments to ensure the appropriate items were delivered
- Answer supplier and customer inquiries about order changes or cancellations and check requisition orders for accuracy
- Perform US and International shipping duties; shipment of goods produced and supplies to be used
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Stock and maintain break room meals, snacks and beverages
- Assists with meeting and event equipment set up as needed
- Ordering of office and laboratory supplies and equipment
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels
- Collect Safety Data Sheets for Safety Committee
- Reconciling of Purchasing credit card
- Monitors and secures facility’s key inventory
- Communicate with Finance Department to ensure proper payment and delivery of goods is made
- Must have strong reading, speaking and writing skills, good working knowledge of administrative procedures, as well as various computer applications and programs. Is able to communicate with different departments effectively
This is a full-time position
A certificate or associate degree in procurement, supply chain management or related field from a technical school or community college is preferred.
A high school diploma with experience in general clerical work is taken into consideration.
The above statements reflect the general tasks, duties, activities and/or responsibilities necessary to describe this position and is not intended to set forth all of the specific requirements of the job. These job duties/responsibilities may change or vary in response to business needs.
To Apply: If you are interested in being part of the IRISYS LLC team, please email your CV and Cover Letter directly to HR@irisys.com. Please put the job reference “Purchasing & Shipping Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.